[Stoves] Fwd: Re: Improving cooking with charcoal

Harris, Kirk gkharris316 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 15 20:09:40 CST 2019

Andrew,

Thank you for this response!  It is very helpful for me.

Yes, we would need more experience with the stones to get a better feel
for how it works.  As is, my response to Dr. Larson's statement is
hypothesis, which hopefully will be corrected if needed.

I also recall another question Dr. Larson raised with me some time ago,
wondering why the migratory pyrolytic front produces so much CO.
Reduction of CO2 into CO could add some understanding to this.  There is
a lot of hot charcoal available to do this.  The mpf may be producing
CO2, which is reduced to CO by the hot charcoal.  You appear to have
helped answer this question for me as well.

Kirk H.