[Stoves] (no subject)

Dr. Dieter Seifert doseifert at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 13 05:37:27 CDT 2019

Dear Ron, Crispin, Kevin, dear members,

When discussing improvements to ceramic stoves by metal internals, it
should be noted that their corrosion is very temperature dependent.
Therefore the service life of metal insertions decreases, especially from
600 °C, even with a high content of chromium. I attach a diagram, which
originates from an old manual (ABC der Stahlkorrosion, Mannesmann
Dusseldorf 1958), which shows the scaling resistance (hours per mm material
loss) depending on the Cr content with the temperature as parameter.

And I fully agree with Ron that the traditional making of charcoal has
horrible consequences (see e.g. http://solarcooking.org/seifert ).

With kind regards,
Dieter