[Stoves] Need institutional cooking stove for goat dairy in Oregon

Gordon West gordon.west at rtnewmexico.com
Fri Oct 25 09:41:51 CDT 2019

This is exactly what The Trollworks has been designing and have begun manufacturing. Our technology is a continuous feed TLUD that can use any consistent chips or pelletized feedstock. We are presently working on a pilot project at Northern NM College to process locally sourced biomass, mostly from wildland/urban interface fuels reduction projects, and use it to heat classroom buildings while making biochar. We have made firetube heat exchangers for both air and water heating (separately of stacked). Our operations are still at the one-off stage and we have built a 70,000 Btu/hr unit and a 500,000 Btu system (for the NNMC pilot).

The smaller unit is pictured below.

We also have a small batch unit we call a “Charbecue” that takes a variety of heat-using accessories, including a kettle barbecue or a firetube heat exchanger for water or air. Kelpie has one of these units with a barbecue on it. They produce about 50,000 Btu/hr and will run for 1-3 hours on a batch, depending upon feedstock density.

Here is the NNMC unit:

Gordon West
The Trollworks
503 N. “E” Street
Silver City, NM 88061
575-537-3689
https://www.troll.works
An entrepreneur sees problems as the seeds of opportunity.