[Stoves] Passing of Kirk Smith

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 06:14:40 CDT 2020

So sorry to hear about this sad news. My memory goes back to 1983 when I
and Kirk spent 2-3 days in ASCI guest house in Hyderabad where both of us
were giving talks in a conference on rural development. We kept up with
occasional mail and letters but then I lost contact. We again met in couple
of conferences internationally in 1990s and 2000s and the last was in New
Delhi in 2018. He invited me to his office in Delhi but for some reason I
could not take time out and missed visiting him. I found he had gained lot
of weight and when I asked him whether he was OK he replied yes there is no
problem.

RIP.

Anil K Rajvanshi

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:+91-9168937964