[Stoves] burning woodgas

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 05:37:54 CDT 2021

Hi folks;

The emission of nano particulate matter from open-mouth TLUDs has always
been a big ethical bother for me.  The 'cleaner' we make TLUDs, the more
dangerous they become if they are treated as 'safe' by the users.  In that
respect, emission of some smoke from a TLUD at startup and flameout could
be a good thing if it discourages stove users from cooking in poorly
ventilated conditions.   In Bangladesh, I have been encouraging the
development of fume hoods and the incorporation of TLUDs into chimney
stoves.

Cheers,
Julien

--