[Stoves] burning woodgas

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sun Aug 1 11:45:27 CDT 2021

Dear Julien

You are on the right track with the ventilation, in my opinion,  however, there is misinformation about regarding nanoparticles. (Real ones)

Below a certain size nanoparticles and inhaled and expelled again. They pass into the cell walls by diffusion, not by being trapped in the usual manner. The particles of concern are between 0.1 and 4.0 microns. It is true that the 0.01 micron particles are emitted when the combustion is very clean, however their role in disease is not at all clear, compared with the larger "respirable" set. It is a very active topic of interest.

My caution is not to take every alarming claim at face value. There are so many vested interests seeking funds. If all combustion was totally clean, there would be nearly no rain. Think about it.

Best regards
Crispin heading to Val Quentin