[Stoves] A low-cost hood possibility

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 23:35:25 CST 2021

Stove list:

	I’ve been talking with several list members about one drawback of TLUDs being the complexity and cost of adding a chimney.  As clean as TLUDs are, they would certainly receive more favorable notice if the exhaust could be easily vented.

	A quarter of a converted waste 200 liter (55. gallon) barrel might do it cheaply enough. .Can come in different colors - and 4 can be totally made locally from one drum - dimensions  about 28 x 28 x 82 cm  (11 x 11 x 33 inches).

	Is using a locally made quarter-barrel a new or old idea?  Dimensions close enough to  ideal?   I presume there are dozens of ways to mount and allow different amounts of closure for winter  and rainy conditions.. or if electricity is possible - a fan and light.

	Height above TLUD could be up to stove owner.  This width looks like it could handle 3-4 stoves in a row.  US hoods seem to be standard at 30 inches width.

Ron