[Stoves] burning wood gas

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:37:28 CDT 2021

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 23:11, Daniel Pidgeon <daniel.pidgeon at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>  Or was the swirl discarded as a lesser form of mixing than the Venturi
> effect?

I used to use a swirl/vortex in my forced draught devices and see no reason
to believe it is the most efficient means of mixing, the mixing tends to
occur at the shear face between two gases but the energy is still used in
creating the vortex and very little is available from the buoyancy effect
of the flue gases with no fan.

I would have liked to pursue other ways to create movement of gases, like
the steam aspirator but my poor engineering ability limited me.

Andrew