[Stoves] Remarkable stove

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 11:19:51 CDT 2021

> On Jun 11, 2021, at 6:36 PM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> List and Crispin:  cc Julien

	The. stove and chimney portions are from about 12:20 ,  with glimpses of the stove. and chimney to the end a few minutes later.

	Here are a few observations

		The.stove is outdoors.(under a large roof) essentially all by itself. This might have been dictated by the need for a chimney.  Often stoves are outside - but not needed here when one has a chimney.  Should be minimum smoke here for the cook.

		The chimney is a tall slit in the rock, closed by about 8 normal bricks on end. Maybe a world record minimum number of bricks for a chimney.  Just a short horizontal-brick  hole exit at the top.

		I think the design is close to that of a rodket.  Could have “easily" been a TLUD.  Is a two burner design, with a very wide vertical hole for a wok.  I know nothing of woks, but this is probably not typical.

		Excellent support for the wok, but I fear large radial heat loss to the outer stone. The Julien Winter Bangladesh TLUD design with an interior steel cylinder might have saved considerable later fuel.  This. seems to be in a very mild apart of China,  so intentional. heating of stone would not be an advantage. (especially being outdoors).

		I couldn’t tell anything of the design of the (has to be holey) stone grate between the fire and the very large ash pit below.  How many holes of what depth and diameter?

		Overall, a very interesting dwelling design - but not one apt to have a lot of replicas.   Too much time and physical effort..

Ron