[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Patung-Patong Brick Stove , continued - part 4- Other, early

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 16:09:53 CDT 2021

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 at 13:51, Ronal Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net> wrote:

> From: Joshua Guinto <jed.building.bridges at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Stoves] Seeking Advice: Technical Evaluation of the Patung-Patong Brick Stove
> Date: March 13, 2021 at 7:47:58 PM MST
> To: Ronal Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net>
>

> And so at the height of the lockdown, amidst the heavy checkpoints i was struggling to revive my projects. ...Hauling seaweeds all alone at the beach then making fertilizers for families who are trying to raise vegetable gardens for their food supply.
>
> RWL1’:  were these seaweeds pyrolyzed?   In general, how much biochar (seaweed or not) have you placed in the ground and how would you describe the.results?

I pyrolysed some seaweed for a planting  trial, we washed it
thoroughly before pyrolysis and the char seemed okay but the analysis
showed a high sodium content despite the washing. Seaweed is a bit
different from our normal biomass as it is a polysacharide. So I would
be wary of over using seaweed on ground that does not have high enough
rainfall to wash out the excess sodium ions, or grow crops that need
it, like sugar beet in UK.

Andrew