[Stoves] Help to Purchase an Anagi Stove

Patricia Mcardle solarwind1 at icloud.com
Sat Apr 2 14:28:38 CDT 2022

Hi Malcom,
Most local market places sell a variety of biomass cookstoves. You can actually build a very effective rocket stove using just 16 adobe bricks. Check out my you tube video with Larry Winiarski, the inventor of the rocket stove.
https://youtu.be/XSMR2ANIZ7E  You can also save fuel and reduce smoke by using the integrated cooking method.
https://solarcooking.fandom.com/wiki/Integrated_Cooking_Method

 I agree with a point that Aprovecho’s Dean Still made on the stovers’ list serve back in 2001,  “In a perfect world perhaps with a great, non polluting wood stove would come a retained heat cooker (Haybox), a solar oven for baking and a parabolic or conical reflector for boiling water...Whole package might cost $100 which is dinner and a movie for some folks."

A former Marine friend of mine, who builds and sells the "All Season” solar cooker wrote something similar to me a few years ago. Here’s what he said:  “If you give my neighbor a fuel efficient biomass stove and ten kilos of wood…and you give me the same type of stove, the same amount of wood plus a retained heat basket and a solar cooker… guess who’s going to run out of wood first?

I am a fan of the integrated cooking concept for emergencies and for the world’s poorest people. Solar cook when it’s sunny. Use a fuel efficient stove when there’s no sun.   And always use a retained heat container with both devices for maximum fuel efficiency. Here’s  my latest you tube video, which promotes the fuel-saving potential of using retained heat containers with biomass stoves and solar cookers. I agree with a point that Aprovecho’s Dean Still made on the stovers’ list serve back in 2001,  “In a perfect world perhaps with a great, non polluting wood stove would come a retained heat cooker (Haybox), a solar oven for baking and a parabolic or conical reflector for boiling water...Whole package might cost $100 which is dinner and a movie for some folks."

A former Marine friend of mine, who builds and sells the "All Season” solar cooker wrote something similar to me a few years ago. Here’s what he said:  “If you give my neighbor a fuel efficient biomass stove and ten kilos of wood…and you give me the same type of stove, the same amount of wood plus a retained heat basket and a solar cooker… guess who’s going to run out of wood first?

The integrated cooking method is useful during emergencies and for the world’s poorest people. Solar cook when it’s sunny. Use a fuel efficient stove when there’s no sun.   And always use a retained heat container with both devices for maximum fuel efficiency. Take a look at my latest you tube video, which promotes the fuel-saving potential of using retained heat containers with biomass stoves and solar cookers.
All the best,
Pat McArdle