[Stoves] Help to Purchase an Anagi Stove

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 11:34:33 CDT 2022

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 at 21:54, <tmiles at trmiles.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> The Anagi was developed in the 1970s with the help of Laura Christian (?), a
> potter in Eugene, Oregon, who was helping an early stoves development
> program by ARECOP and others. It became the most popular improved stove in
> Sri Lanka.  Attached is a guide by Practical Action. I don't know where it
> is available. The Clean Cooking Alliance directory lists Practical Action as
> a possible source.
>
> Website
> http://www.practicalaction.org.lk
>
> Primary Point of Contact
> Name: Mr. Namiz Musafer
>
> Email: namiz.musafer at practicalaction.org.lk
>
> Phone: (9411) 282-9412
>
> 5 Lionel Edirisinhe Mawata
> Colombo 5, Western Province 10500

 Tom

Thanks for that, unfortunately your attachments were too large for the list.

I have the very comprehensive  pdf guide to throwing the clay parts
for this stove from Tom which I can email to Malcolm or anyone else
interested. Also a 2009 paper about the stove which mentions that the
production was 300,000 stoves a year in 2006. The loss of new potters
coming into the work appears to limit production.

Alternatively I could put them on Google Drive for a few weeks if
there were enough interest.

It strikes me it is a useful stove as it caters for two cooking pots
simultaneously. There are very few meals I cook where I don't use at
least two pots or pans, and often an oven too.

Andrew