[Stoves] Ceramic fiber insulation

Graham Knight biodesigndiy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:42:20 CDT 2022

Dear Member,

I have just joined bioenergy lists as I was looking for answers to a puzzle.
Why is there no mention here (that I can find) of ceramic fiber insulation?
It has been used in all  sorts of stoves in the USA for many years,
including rocket stoves, but I  can find no mention of its use in other
countries - apart from with pizza ovens.
CF blanket is a remarkable material and is so insulating that the
outside of stoves has negligible temperature rise!

Its benefit in developing country stoves seems obvious and it is sold in
some SSA counties so why is it still not being used for clay stoves?
Can anyone help me?

Yours,

Graham Knight
biodesign20.co.uk

Attached is a pdf showing some of its uses in the USA

https://www.avg.com