[Stoves] Ceramic fiber insulation

Todd Albi todd.r.albi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:57:49 CDT 2022

Rock mineral wool is packaged in bats, these flexible fiber blankets are
easily manipulated and placed as low mass insulation in our stoves and
sealed between metal walls and due not show any significant
degradation over time. We switched to the higher quality and more
expensive rock wool insulation intentionally, after becoming more concerned
with the variable particle size of perlite in earlier product production
and wanted to protect our Chinese factory workers' lungs during stove
assembly. The different-sized perlite particle mix left visible dust
everywhere and was a worker health issue and a customer aesthetic concern
during and post-production. There was a significant reduction in airborne
particles by switching to rock mineral wool. It also eliminated customer
inquiries about receiving a dusty product. I'd be more concerned with the
silica dust in ceramic stove construction than using rock mineral wool
during stove assembly or production. Obviously, masking makes sense working
with any particles or fibers that may become airborne.

Todd Albi, SilverFire