[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Question about Kenyan stove maker Mukuru that won the million dollar Earth Shot Prize

Patricia Mcardle solarwind1 at icloud.com
Fri Dec 16 11:46:39 CST 2022

This week on CNN I watched the Prince William Earth Shot awards. One of the winners (receiving one million UK pounds) was a company in Kenya that I've never heard of. It's called Mukuru clean cookstoves of Kenya.  It was founded in 2017 by Charlot Magayiand, who was 25 years old at the time.  It's main donor has been billionaire Nigerian oil producer Tony Elumelu. Mukuru has also received a grant from Ikea.  I have tried to find information about the design and manufacture of the stove and any testing/certification that has been done, but there is nothing on the internet--just that Mukuru  manufacturers and sells a 'clean cookstove', which costs $10 and which burns pellets.
This is from their website:  Rather than burning dangerous solid fuels, Mukuru Clean Stoves use processed biomass made from charcoal, wood and sugarcane. This burns cleaner, creating 90 percent less pollution than an open fire and 70 percent less than a traditional cookstove. They are cheaper too, costing just $10 and halving ongoing fuel costs.
I have asked Dean Still but he’s never heard of it.  I also checked in with Peter Scott, He said they’re marketing a 20 year old stove design.
Does anyone on this list serve know anything more about this very well-funded company?
Thanks,
Pat McArdle