[Stoves] Briquette stove in cob

K McLean kmclean56 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:57:45 CDT 2022

Hi Rok,

Here is a video on using the cooking hole
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cHEysp4XfZheuQKXYb9kn9GIeUgwjdzq/view?usp=sharing>
and a video on making liner bricks
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qFTEJjGhFrJ5RrA0_WJYrVSPdE-bNbOn/view?usp=sharing>
for the cooking hole.  The cooking hole is a 25x25x25 cm hole dug in a
three-stone cookstove.  When fuel is piled in the hole, it burns without
tending, uses less fuel and emits less smoke than in unmodified three-stone
cookstoves.  The following can be used as fuel:  crop waste (maize stalks,
cassava stems, banana peels, bean stems, etc.) any size wood except very
thin twigs, elephant grass, bamboo, cow dung patties, bamboo, sawdust
briquettes and more.

Please let me know if you would like an introduction to my colleague in
Kasese who has extensively tested the cooking hole.

Kevin
Sun24