[Stoves] Briquette stove in cob

Rok Oblak rok.stoves at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:37:22 CDT 2022

Hej Crispin and Richard, great to hear your reactions;

I was working with hi density briquettes in Kampala (Nguvu briquettes &
coffee), but no hole as well. It also seemed the density was kind of not
giving enough air, tho we got it going in the stove. I remember the machine
was a huge steam thing :)
https://briquettestoves.com/2009/07/17/nguvu-stove/

Richard, we used the cube mold as it was ready to go; i imagine the round
would not be so easy to make and disassemble, maybe a metal barrow cut into
3 pieces. We liked the modern cube format as well :)

I didn't see Kevin’s square hole in the ground kinda-TLUD, can you show me
a photo/link to it?

I will send you a photo of the big cob stove when its ready, it will take a
month to dry probably! I like the fact that with cob you can make a whole
kitchen bord/desk, with shelves and all, as its so nice to have a surface
for pots right next to your fire

Cheers!
Rok