[Stoves] ***SPAM*** Re: [Biochar] Energy utilization from process

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 15:53:37 CST 2022

Luis: and two lists,  cc paper’s principal author (Prof. Juan Perez)

	1.  Here is a quite pertinent TLUD technical article, very recent, non-fee and many of the excellent citations are in Spanish:

Parametric Analysis of a Gasification-Based Cookstove as a Function of Biomass Density, Gasification Behavior, Airflow Ratio, and Design
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acsomega.1c05137

    2.  You and your students could help char-making stove technologies a lot by attempting to raise this group’s 10% char production to the 25% we normally expect.
		Prof. Perez’ team may not have been trying for maximum char - but many TLUD researchers  and biochar promoters are.
			My guess is that simply reducing the primary air flow will do a lot.
				Your goal could be to determine the relative value of their blower - probably most helpful in getting a high TDR = turn down ratio.

	3.  I hope others on both lists will read the paper and comment on this team’s 10% char production value.

Ron