[Stoves] ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 147, Issue 5

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sun Nov 13 11:49:22 CST 2022

Dear Tony

This is my mental vision of a vertical burning log:

[Tenkara USA * View topic - Swedish log fire/candle]

All those cutes are made with a chainsaw and from what I see, they are pretty deep - not something that can be made by hand or easily.

As to the practicality of such a "stove" I am dubious.  For one thing control of the firepower seems impossible - perhaps a pot skirt?

Another approach is this:

[swedish log candle - Rustical]

It appears that the lower cuts were widened with the chainsaw.

This one was split and then reassembled.  They called this a Canadian Candle.
["Swedish Torch" or "Canadian Candle". | Swedish fire log, Camping stove ...]

You can see the little wedge shoved into the gap on the left. I can do this easily with a log splitter because the natural tendency is to create a set of pie/wedge shapes.

What such a fire would be useful for is baking bread.