[Stoves] UCB PM monitors

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:38:14 CST 2022

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 at 23:20, Norman Baker <ntbakerphd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Everyone;
>
> I have been using a Stellate PM monitor for five years. Here is a link to it and its capabilities - https://www.amazon.com/stores/STELLATE/INDOORAIRQUALITYMONITORS/page/71387B8F-2B5C-4BD8-A29F-77568487D5B7. Truth is, I have been very pleased with this unit. It sits on my desk and I drag it out once in a while to see PM levels. If I open the wood stove to load it the reading will rise from 3 to a high of 13 or 14. It's data correlates extremely well with air quality data from the weather Bureau and our local television stations. Very pleased with it. I have even used it outdoors to register PM in my work on TLUD's. I would not consider it accurate for research on TLUD's but it is very accurate for general atmospheric conditions.

Hi Norm

We both seem to have similar experiences of measuring ambient air
particulates in our home settings, mine logs pm2.5 as a subset of
pm10, I think nowadays pm2.5 is the more significant figure.

The major difference is I think my (bare) unit cost me about USD3
direct from China, I wonder if they are still available, no doubt the
price will have increased dramatically. Mine of course has no display
other than on my computer screen.

Andrew