[Stoves] Fwd: Pyrolithic mass heater (but no facility to remove carbon?)

Ronal Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 20:28:56 CST 2023

List and Trevor

	Yes - I think should be of interest to the stove group.  There is a little on cook stoves (so it is a justified alert), but mostly this is on heating stoves.

	To prospective viewers,  this video is all in Italian, and I think the accompanying English translation is probably by someone not familiar with pyrolysis or stoves.  The person being interviewed seems to have been the inventor - and is now selling these stoves (on the street) in Italy.  He said it had been developed in Germany.  Many different models shown. One price was multiple thousands of Euros.

	Although the term Pyrolysis used - and looks like a TLUd in some ways, there was zero mention of char.  I’m pretty sure all  the char was consumed - which is OK.  Much better than starting with char made badly, and he’s probably right he has a clean stove.

	The most interesting thing for me was the material seems to be a cast ceramic.   It is conceivable that there is something here for biochar - but no mention of that,   I hope we an hear from an Italian speaker familiar with this stove's details- and especially on the material.being used with emphasis on heat storage.

	Thanks Trevor

Ron