[Stoves] The Combined Heat and Biochar Gasifier

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Wed May 3 01:17:31 CDT 2023

Ron,

PM2.5 and CO emissions of biochar kilns should not exceed the norms set by
the WHO.
One has also to take into account ambient air pollution.
Also, biochar kilns should not waste heat, since the demand for high-grade
heat is fairly endless.

If one needs a lot of heat and a lot of biochar, there is this 80 kW
gasifier:

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Also, I designed torch gasifiers that are much cheaper than what you see
above.
A torch gasifier can be used to bake bricks, ceramics and so forth.
This is a 500-800 torch gasifier:

[image: image.png]
Since a torch gasifier does not have a multiplicity of burners, it costs a
lot less.
I also designed downdraft torch gasifiers.
It would be easy to design 200 kW torch gasifiers.

Many thanks.
Paul Olivier