[Stoves] Risk of CO poisoning with TLUDs

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:13:22 CDT 2023

Dear Crispin;

Thanks for your detailed reply.

>From this I would assume that under almost all circumstances, the TLUD is
operated with sufficient ventilation to prevent dangerous levels of CO.
Nobody operates a TLUD in an enclosed space, because during flame out,
there is often a small amount of smoke released that would be unpleasant if
it was not dissipated.  Start-ups can also release some smoke.  I have not
heard of anyone suffering "death by TLUD."

Sincerely,
Julien.

--
Julien Winter