[Digestion] Digestion Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2

Doug Seiler dseiler at sdarc.com
Thu Dec 2 14:23:03 CST 2010

Topic: Digestion capacity of common lawn clippings and leaves

Sorry if not posting properly.

I'm interested in using common grass clippings and leaves (brown, autumn
leaves stored dry in bags) in my small (1/2 cu. Meter) continuous-fed
backyard digester.  Do dry tree leaves digest in any meaningful way?
What about grass clippings? Does it mater if the grass is green or dry?
What would be a good input material to balance these things with? I have
access to food scraps and manure.

Thanks for any advice.
d. seiler
Philadelphia, USA

Digestion at bioenergylists.org

http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/digestion_lists.bioener
gylists.org

for more information about digestion, see Beginner's Guide to Biogas
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/
and the Biogas Wiki http://biogas.wikispaces.com/

End of Digestion Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2