[Digestion] Help needed

Björn Dahlroth bjorn.dahlroth at telia.com
Thu Dec 9 16:36:38 CST 2010

In Sweden where there are several big plants digesting municipal and
industrial waste these things have been studied. It is common that the
slurry is separated and that the more firm part is composted for the reason
that you mentioned and the compost is used for mixing soil for parks and
civil works. However even after composting one can not guarantee 100.00%. It
is also very common to digest the slurry from sewage treatment plants and
the residue is actually spread on fields but also used for covering old
landfills. After spreading on fields the farmers can not cultivate any kind
of crop for some time, and there is for instance also some restriction about
letting cattle  grazing on the field for some time. However the pathogens
here are certainly not precisely the same as in your country.

Bjorn Dahlroth

  _____