[Digestion] Dung burning vs Anaerobic digestion

Shaaban Kassuwi yaaser67 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 03:05:47 CST 2012

Dear Alastair,
What you are saying is true that co-digestion cannot improve the degradation of Lignocellulosic materials, however it has a room of enhancing biogas production through degradation of Fat rich substrates such as Fish waste. Of-course pre-treatment of Lignocellulosic  materials is expensive for household or village use in our countries but some how can be minimized by first using Lignocellulosic materials as substrates for mushroom growing and there after use the spent materials after mushroom growing for biogas. I know some people are doing this, though is in lab scale, but data shows some improvement!!!
Thanks for your comments!!

Kassuwi, S.A.A
IDARA YA MOLEKULI BAIOLOJIA NA BAIOTEKNOLOJIA (IMBB)
CHUO KIKUU CHA DAR ES SALAAM
MWALIMU J. K. NYERERE KAMPASI
Box 35179
DAR ES SALAAM,