[Digestion] EM Effective Microorganisms and AD

Richard L Vetter r.vetter at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 29 20:55:05 CDT 2013

Paul....your comments are right on.   I spent a number of years in ruminant nutrition and along with others in research, tried to manipulate the rumen micro flora with specific bacteria.  Yes, the microbial population could be altered by extreme ration adjustments, but, the survival/significant effect of a specific microbe or yeast was nil.

Out of curiosity, have you made the acquaintance of Prof. Ian Plimmer.....author of "Heaven and Earth--global warming and the missing science?  In my opinion, both sides of the global warming issue need to read his historical insights and gain a perspective of climate change.

I have been trying to recall if we have met at some conference or event.  Anyway, your insights are valuable, especially to some of those within the group who are fairly novice!!

One last comment.  Do you know if the very large swine operation [290,000 standing pigs] (Singapore owners, I think) outside of Corawa has installed an anaerobic system?  At the time,   I worked on feasibility study for the operation about 8 years ago, there was a potential ownership change.

Cheers and G'day    Rich Vetter

R. L. Vetter, PhD; PAS; Dipl. ACAN; President
AGRI-BIO SYSTEMS, INC.
2811 Edgewater Dr. Elgin, IL. 60124
Tel:847-888-2382
Fax:847-888-1484