[Digestion] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Biomethane from cactus

Paul Harris harrisfm at aapt.net.au
Mon Mar 15 15:50:15 CDT 2021

G'day Rex et al,

Thanks for the detailed information, Rex.

In paragraph 3 I would suggest putting the manure through the digester
to boost biogas production (unless this results in other challenges that
outweigh the biogas example).

In paragraph 6 I know the generators are 50% efficient (at rated load?)
but that means 50% of the gas is "wasted" (less if you can use the heat)
- note that I am an optimist/engineer by nature. I realise that this
application may be the "best" application for generating sales, but
direct use of the gas (for heating/cooking?) may benefit more people
(How do you define "best", and "efficiency"?). I always regard
electricity generation as the last option for biogas use, with motors
for pumps etc just a little better.

I like that you are using multiple Renewable Energies in paragraph 7,
can you throw in micro-hydro as well sometimes(maybe using water pumped
from the mines)? I have often said we need a "shotgun" approach to
energy, AD is not a silver bullet.

Good work Rex, thanks for your contribution to the List and all the best
for the future!

Happy digesting,

HOOROO
Paul Harris