[Estufas] connecting

Richard Stanley rstanley en legacyfound.org
Mie Jul 24 12:06:04 CDT 2013

El Senor Whittfield,
Good ti be in touch and moving fwd on this...

We had a project in Peu under the Adventist church (we are a non sectarian NGO ourselves) and that, ADRA, project seemed poised to take off. That was in 2001-2 give or take a few months.. It bombed because they never gave any real attention to the marketing of the product. Seems they just wanted to corner production for their members only when the same could have been / were trained to do.../ training widely throughout the alti plano of the department of Cusco. The economics and environmenal conditions were otherwise all set for it to take off. Long story but it tanked…

A very recent start up in Columbia might be of interest: I did not see any women in their three photos (below)  it but thats surely to come if ongoing management of money and business is at stake --as its intended to be…

Check with Guatavo Molina for their (Fundacion Progressar's) good and rapidly expanding work in Guatemala.  Gustavo Molina <gustavo.molina.desarrollo en gmail.com>

I am also ccying this to Mercedes Urible from Mexico. She is working with us as a volunteer to assist in organising and organising  the growing inquiries and projects  latin America..

Hasta,
 Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org

  viz; Richard:

Thanks for our advices.

We used saw dust, paper pulp and rice husk for the briquettes. Next time we are going to taste with different percentages (more binder).

Rafael