[Gasification] Syngas Microbial Catalyst - Methane Update

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:58:53 CDT 2011

helo Philip
see

https://plus.google.com/u/0/stream/circles/p42de7e390d670a0c

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM, phillip manske <pdmanske at gmail.com> wrote:

> So...
>
> Good news
>
> ATCC is the big repository for bacteria and they gave me research
> permission to use the 'crobes they have.  These 'crobes ; p. productus and
> m. barkeri.
> I think the permissions came with a wink and some pity.  The wink involved
> the 'crobes being naturally occuring.  You can't tell the difference between
> these 'crobes and the 'crobes you get from the sewer so you can use the
> research 'crobes for commercial purposes and no one will know the
> difference.  Just you and God.
>

> Bad news
>
> The process takes a honkin' bunch of water.  CO has poor water solubility.
> To pass enough CO through the process for 1 MW worth of methane fuel, it
> will take 500,000 gallons under 400 psi to dissolve enough CO provided the
> process takes one hour.  The p. productus 'crobe is a wall clinger.  They
> live attached to things and in this case, packing.  The packing will
> displace water so the volume of the tanks/pods needs to be
> increased proportionally.  The tanks/pods need to be packed with crobes as
> much as possible.
>
> I can't tell how long the process will take, it depends on the health and
> size of the culture.
>
> The trickle method makes lots of sense as it encompasses everything;
> feeding, clearing nutrients etc
>
> I did lots of imagineering but I don't think you want to hear about that.
>
> Phillip

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and