[Gasification] Charcoal Reduction Mill

Mark E. Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Sat Aug 27 15:12:07 CDT 2011

I’ll see what I can dig up. I did a project without a final baghouse and was amazed at how much the 1% loss of efficiency really amounted to! (it’s all super-fines). But getting the first 98-or-99% collected takes a huge load off the baghouse. A critical part of the cyclone is a long-ish downcomer that allow the material to accumulate and discharge with out disrupting the vortex dynamics. Learned by experience! Also, stacked Posiflate valves in lieu of a rotary airlock.

Best, Mark