[Gasification] Complex issue analysis

linvent at aol.com linvent at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 10:23:29 CST 2011

Dear Alex,
     In any complex analysis there needs to be a weighing factor
assigned to each variable and then evaluated with this weight. Of
course, any objection can be raised, but how valid is it? There are
lots of folks in this world who have no real contribution to society
and simply object to someone else doing something. They can't stand to
see it. A lot of public hearings are witch hunts with someone in charge
who knows the difference.
     Dust, road access, truck traffic, site particulate generation are
all factors which are considered in at least an air permit for a
facility. All of this is usually contemplated in the air emission
permitting process and there is no magic in it, just complex rules
which are created to define what the limits to a project are. The
method of creating these rules and their completeness cannot be set
aside by a group which thinks it has a better way. This actually is a
pre-emption of federal regulations set forth for environmental
standards and is inherently stupid and probably unconstitutional. An
agency which sets up it's own environmental regulations without due
process of setting standards, having hearings, etc. is not allowed
under most State laws and certainly Federal. A competent court would
have no trouble setting their actions aside.
Sincerely,
Leland T. "Tom" Taylor
President
Thermogenics Inc.