[Gasification] ideal wood gas engine

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Mon Feb 21 11:49:45 CST 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:16:25 -0400, bayent at ns.sympatico.ca wrote in
message <20110221111625.CK5OR.541148.root at tormtz04>:

> If the engine will turn I will put some oil down the plug hole, get
> fire through it, dump some gas

...oline... ;o)

> down her and give her a crank.

> If she runs at all I will go from there

..you still don't know whether it'll run on your gas, only that
it runs on gasoline.  If it needs that plug hole oil squirt to
start on gasoline, it won't run on wood gas.

..the only good reason to pour oil in the plug holes, is to oil
it up so far you can take it apart without damaging it further
and then do a real rebuild. ;o)

> if not off to where my wife would like to of sent it 20 years ago.
> Lots of good advice. Charles

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: