[Gasification] Range Fuels Closing Plant

Thomas Koch TK at tke.dk
Wed Jan 26 13:41:58 CST 2011

Otto

No - our 50 kwel gasifier in Koge is not in operation although almost operational.
The 700 kw el gasifier in Gjol was never started - green electricity priceses dropped during construction and ther ewas no public funding to finish the project.
Both gasifier are cheap for sale.

The Viking at TUD have operated for a few thousand hours - as far as I known not really continious and the are now upscaling it to a 500 Kw gasifier. I heard from a friend in Sri Lanka that they have been qouted 3,8 mio EUR for 1 MW gasifier from them. Thus the electricityprice will will be 3-4-5 times higher than the market price.

An other very interesting project in Denmark is Biosynergi. Henrik Houmann have managed to sell public shares in his gasifier project - that is really impressing  - he might be the one that is able to raise sufficient funds to break throgh - although he has many technical challenges ahead of him.

Regards

Thomas