[Gasification] Re The Range fuels failure. Observations from a lon, long term skeptic

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sat Jan 29 20:07:43 CST 2011

Don,

Outstanding email, thank you!

In the Power Point presentation there is the comment "even corn(which is
even better than pellets)." Should I interpret this to mean it is better
to grow corn and burn the seeds than to pelletize, say, switchgrass ??

Best regards,

Jeff

In owner's box near the end of the PPP:

"As heating oil prices rise to $3/gal, wood, pelletized biomass, even
corn (which is even better than pellets), is becoming cheap enough to
burn.  In competing for this resource thermal applications will beat
vehicular fuels, even assuming lignocellulosic to ethanol works as well
as its proponents claim.  Anyway, wood fuels, in particular pellets,
displacing heating oil would increase supply of gasoline and diesel more
than ethanol... So what will is better ??  ?

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 01:16 -0500, Iemdon at aol.com wrote:
> I attach a Power Point presentation we gave in Vancouver BC in 2006.

www.puffergas.com

Sent from any port in the storm via  Acer netbook & Ubuntu Remix.