[Gasification] Syngas, why not just fix it?

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:37:54 CST 2011

Dear Bill, Doug, and all

As owner of the WoodGas.com site, I have a very simple and clear set of names I use.

Synthesis gas is produced by oxygen (or steam) gasifiaction of wood, MSW, or other biomass forms, and contains very little N2.

Producer gas is produced by air gasifiaction of wood, MSW, or other biomass forms and contains typically 50% N2.

Pyrolytic gas is produced by lower temperature (500-750C) air pyrolysis (TLUD)  of  the volatiles in wood, MSW, or other biomass forms, but leaving typically 20% charcoal as a valuable byproduct.

COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, ADDITIONS OR SUBTRACTIONS?

Tom Reed

Dr Thomas B Reed
President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
www.Woodgas.com