[Gasification] Producer Gas Engine Paper

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 08:10:37 CDT 2011

For a stepped compression change you just add copper washers under the change
over plug.If you leave the spark plug in the injector' s hole, that action
does not change so much this geometry factor.
If your spark plug is to be in the cast iron plug, than it receeds a bit with
every washer, but i don' t think it makes much difference.
A bigger difference could come from a more central position inside the
combustion chamber of a DI version. This divides the flame front lenght and
eliminates the "shoot" out of the prechamber.
Some car manufacturers even top this by installing 2 sparkplugs opposite of
each other in one cylhead.
Short flame front length can give you later timing and perhaps a more
homogenious "explosion"
Swirl type cylheads and inlet pipes are helpful, too.

Wish you  nice and interesting summer holidays!

Rolf