[Gasification] Sawdust in Fan TLUD

stoveslist at gmail.com stoveslist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:20:48 CDT 2011

On Sunday 05 June 2011 09:06:34 Thomas Koch wrote:
> The other was from Silsoe in UK - i only saw pictures - it produced
> balls like for barbecue - there was some discussion about this machine
> for some years in 1990-1995 but it was never possible for me to see it.

Was this the straw puck machine? I see there are documents in .gov.uk
archives from 1988. If this is the same machine I believe if failed in
field trials because the forces were too great.

My mate Dannny did some interesting work on forcing whole wood through
dies to densify it and basically the wood had to be less than 10% mc wwb
to avoid hydraulic locking.

AJH