[Gasification] Charcoal Gasifiers

Robert Kana sinan at biomassindo.com
Mon May 9 06:09:58 CDT 2011

Dear Mr. Karve,
It is a good work that you are doing. How big is your portable charcoal
making kiln? Here in Indonesia, they grow so much rice and yield 3 times
a year. Farmers take about 60-70 % of the saps, the rest is left on the
field and burned to enrich the fuel. Unfortunately from that waste they
probably get 10% char the rest is ash.
We have made a simple updraft gasifier for them to use. The idea was to
give the farmer much better bio-char and burn the  gas coming from the
gasifier, just to help to keep the air clean.
If we do it everybody wants, but it is hard for us to move these people.
Who wants to supply a very inexpensive gasifier to every village? The
government is not interested, people are poor don't even have money to
buy the unit even it is very inexpensive and very easy to operate.
We burn rice husk in our charcoal production to dry the waste sawdust
for the briquette machines. Rice husk has so much ash, we just dumped
them in front of our factory, now they come and pick up the ash to
spread in the land.
We must still try to do our best, keep our world clean. Hope there will
be many people like you, than we can get there sooner..
Regards,
Robert