[Gasification] OT, now, Boat pulls easier than Cart?

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Thu May 26 11:47:41 CDT 2011

I'm sorry, but I disagree with your comments that the cart would have more
friction than the boat,  loaded or
Not.  The density of water vs air has a lot to do with it.  But the two main
friction sources to compare would be water friction vs bearing and
wheel-to-surface friction of the vehicle.  I'd agree with you if the cart
had no wheels and had to be dragged down the road as the boat has to be
dragged in the water, but this is not the case.

In the history of west in the USA, people used sails on "covered wagons" for
motive power.  They worked okay as long as there were relatively smooth
surfaces to run them on.

Google this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_sailing

Pete Stanaitis