[Gasification] Best use for liquid hydrocarbons?

mark edge edge_mark at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:34:48 CDT 2011

Hello all,
Long time reader, first time poster.
I am planning on building a small gasifier to run an IC engine for electricity and heat.About 3/4 of my available energy is in the form of chipped forest waste and the balance is waste oil. If possible I would like to add the waste oil to a downdraft gasifier for drying and cracking.Has this been tried and were the results favorable or would I be wasting my time.My thought was to control oil flow by utilizing a vacuum pump from the engine. Obviously I could use the waste oil in a separate burner, but that would seem to be unnecessary, perhaps not.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. edge