[Gasification] Best use for liquid hydrocarbons?

Carefreeland at aol.com Carefreeland at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 11:46:10 CDT 2011

In a message dated 9/15/2011 12:36:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
edge_mark at hotmail.com writes:

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am  planning on building a small gasifier to run an IC engine for
electricity and  heat.
About 3/4  of my available energy is in the form of chipped forest waste
and the balance  is waste oil.
If  possible I would like to add the waste oil to a downdraft gasifier for
drying  and cracking.
Has this  been tried and were the results favorable or would I be wasting
my  time.
My  thought was to control oil flow by utilizing a vacuum pump from the
engine.
Obviously  I could use the waste oil in a separate burner, but that would
seem to be  unnecessary, perhaps not.
Any  thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
edge

Mark,
    Filter the oil,mix it with diesel, and burn it in a  diesel motor.
Also, soak the oil into the wood chips and burn them for  heat.

    Dan Dimiduk