[Gasification] To all... a question

Kenny Redd kenredd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:54:36 CDT 2012

As a novice to gasification, I have been absorbing the enlightening info on
this forum.  Here's my question: Is it possible to design a single reactor
vessel to intake woody biomass (@30% moisture) and output syngas, torrefied
woody biomass and biochar in a continuous process and
maintain self-sustaining combustion without returning a portion of the
syngas to aid combustion?  My gut feeling (and my novice number crunching)
says it can be done.  Am I overly optimistic?  Are there any such systems
in use today?

Thanks in advance for any additional enlightenment.

Kenny Redd
Inova Energy LLC