[Gasification] Need help from gasifier experts_Clinker formation

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 08:56:14 CDT 2012

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil

Project, Projetos: https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
Biodata, CV :http://ecosyseng.wetpaint.com/
Blog Project, Projetos: http://posterous.com/#spaces/ufrngpec/posts/
Newsletts, Jornal: http://storify.com/ufrngpec
On line space simulation and modeling of ecobusiness,
Espaço Simulação e Modelagem de Econegócios on line
http://rizzoma.com/topic/39080026fabcc04f140acb7d294d62e1/

 Dear  Prasad

      The tar and clinker problems you wish  to solve, have been also
already  brought here  by Jason , who  also is doing practical action,
 making several innovations related  to his system design .His GEK system
 design is an open  source, a good  resource , very well  made . can surely
solve  some opf the problem.

    The problem  with IIsc desig design  has some gas recirculation un like
many other incluing  GEK , thus more flexible. You need to increase the air
inlet temperatures  such one well  done  in GEK , steam quenching  can hlep
 solve  your problems .Some opeartional  resarch , optimization   as
recently  done by the new generation  of gasifers  such as  Two stage
gasification modifications   by dutch univeristy   Mechanical engineering
departments , can be  also  used  in solving tar  lignin condensation of
your systems

     Increasing temperatures  is one way , where lignin need to be cracked.
Free radical   help fragmented   condensed condensation  and tar problems ,
depending on the temperature.
      Tom Reed is in favour of several chemical uses  for this tar as
product , as this can be very  easy seperated

There are many ways  to solve ,wish your team a   good undestanding of
 problems , process, controls and optimization  problemas and good solutions

Thanking you

Yours   truly