[Gasification] Potential Gasification Winner?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Jul 28 16:58:27 CDT 2012

Doug,

Anyone who has the enthusiasm and the where-with-all to reach the
manufacturing stage of developing gasifiers should be given the benefit of
the doubt. It is a long road. The proof of any claims is the sustained and
reliable operation of a commercial system. Gasifiers installed in the US
must meet standards of industrial construction, safety and environmental
impact similar to those in Europe, regardless of where they are
manufactured. We look forward to seeing third party verified results of
their operation. Then we can line up to buy them.

AGT and Biogen are private companies. They have been visible at conferences
and they have more than one gasifier in operation at least at the 250 kWe
scale. They recently installed two 500 kWe gasifiers in Italy near their
main offices. It is likely that they will operate those units for
significant periods before they start exporting systems. Like others they
have had ups and downs during pilot, small scale and commercial operations.
They have been selling projects. We hope that those projects are successful.

http://www.agtgasification.com/eng/agt_srl.htm

http://www.biogendr.com/app/en/frontpage.aspx

Tom Miles