[Gasification] Aquaculture was Pine char gasification

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Fri Dec 27 09:35:39 CST 2013

Kevin,

Water is pumped from the Amazon into a pond. Fish are raised in the pond. Fish waste from the pond is collected and spread on the fields. Some fish from the river do survive the large pump which is lifting water about 60 ft and delivering it 300 ft to the ponds. When asked the farmer said they do get the occasional piranha. That's not surprising. I had adventures with piranha when I lived in Northeastern Brazil.

The fish waste is used to fertilize soils with a mixture of properties from terra preta to a very low pH ferritic clay all on the same small farm. The nutrient management carries on in and around the terra preta soils.

Tom