[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

stuart mather kneebraceboy at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 2 18:17:26 CST 2013

________________________________
 From: Kevin C <kchisholm at ca.inter.net>
To: stuart mather <kneebraceboy at yahoo.com.au>; Discussion of biomass pyrolysis and gasification <gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2013 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Kevin wrote:
 ....While I have not seen a report showing that blackwater disposal is harmful to the environment, I have not seen one that says it is not harmful either. However, a competent Gasifier Operator sent me pictures of his blackwater dump site a few years after he stopped dumping blackwater there, and the plants growing there seemed just as vigorous and healthy as nearby plants outside teh dump zone.

> Best wishes,
>
> Kevin

That's intriguing Kevin,
So I wonder why there seems to be a general consensus that dumping tarry water in a pond amounts to environmental vandalism. Not saying your gasifier correspondent was making it up. But you would think the President of Myanmar would have better things to do than declare black water gasification leach ponds toxic sites  Military juntas aren't well known for their environmental awareness. So why the concern about tar ponds people?
Stuart.