[Gasification] Pete's question

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 16:43:11 CST 2013

Pete, from my research it takes a fairly consistent 1600+f and uses about 10,000 btu per pound of water to disassociate H20 thermally, taking into account the total (bound and free) water mass and where in the system it is introduced.  Theoretically that energy is all recoverable.  In practice I expect 50+% in low quality heat (which I need for drying laminate stock).

Some of the best H2 and CO (real syngas not producer gas) has been shown by General Atomics to be produced at 20psi.   In my device, this is two seperate reactors, one a "reformer".  But I 'm still having problems in the grate of the reformer with flows in four directions, so can't say I have a working prototype yet.  Progress is slow but steady.

Toby Seiler
seilertechco