[Gasification] measuring moisture content

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Wed May 22 08:15:57 CDT 2013

Hello Fabian.

  I have always wondered how you account for heat losses to the surrounding air when doing a boiling water test.

What DO you do?

I especially remember one high school experiment to evaluate the heat output from  one candle.  They heated water in a soup can, I think.  And then made measurements and drew conclusions.  I wonder how accurate those results were.

“But when you`re doing a water boiling test it makes a difference in your results if you estimated the content only a littel bit wrong.

As our aim is to have exact results to compare stoves we really search for a possibility of minimize this error.”

Pete Stanaitis