[Gasification] measuring moisture content

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 20:47:55 CDT 2013

Dear Fabian

You can measure the absolute Water content of wood by weighing a chip, heating to 120 C for an hour, and then re weighing.  The loss in weight is the water content.  120C is low enough so that you don't destroy any of the cellular structure, and high enough to guarantee "bone dry".

Tom Rees

Thomas B Reed